I must make it clear that cooking is not ranked in the top twenty of my favourite pastimes/chores.
Foody Friday will encourage/coerce/force me to complete one recipe every two weeks with photographic evidence.
I was pleasantly surprised with my finished dish today, and Cameron will eat well tonight.
Serves: 4 people
375g pkt dried penne
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
½ cup organic extra virgin olive oil
½ cup grated parmesan
Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil.
- Add penne and cook until water comes to the boil
again, about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook until water comes to the boil
again, about 10 minutes. Pasta should be al dente
and broccoli should be tender.
- Drain, toss in organic extra virgin olive oil.
- Serve, sprinkling with grated parmesan and adding
salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe tastes best with 1-2 tbsp of salt added to
the boiling water, but for the salt-conscious, this can